Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Springtime and Finished Objects

Although it's hard to tell with the cool wind blowing, I think Spring is finally here.

We've seen several flocks/gaggles (I like that word !) of geese flying over.

Here is one of them on their way north.


And today I saw a swallow, so that's very encouraging.

So much so that I actually planted stuff ! Not out, of course, but I started some tomatoes, lettuce, kidney beans, peppers and some flowers. I used recycled cake packages that come with the black base and clear dome like top. I thought they would make good little greenhouses.


As I said in the title, I have actually FINISHED some stuff.

First of all.... (drum roll please), my first weaving project, a scarf. I'm really pleased with how it turned out.


And here is a close up just so I could show you the lovely colours.



And look at this, I finished these clog/slippers for Simon. They have taken an embarassingly long time to get done. Good old Fibertrends pattern. They always turn out well.


Here are a couple of skeins I spun up from the dyed roving I did last week with food colouring.
I plyed the greens and the pink/purples together for the top skein. I had some of the pink left so I just Navajo plyed it for the small skein.


Here are some sheep and lambs today. As you can see the lambs are growing !

More on Flickr

No comments: