Tuesday, September 8, 2015

An Experiment With Ink

This is one of the things I did today.

I have wanted to try making ink or paint for a little while now and today was the day to make a start !

I used beets that I cooked and strained. I added vinegar to try and prevent  mould. I would use white vinegar next time and cook the beets in it rather than adding it later..... Oh well, trial and error !

 I'm planning on trying black walnuts next.

Saturday, July 4, 2015

Bunnies Beating The Heat ......

.... With fruity frozen Popsicles 

 Banana, strawberries and pineapple zipped up in the blender and frozen. The boys love them. 
(Eric apologizes for his grubby nose, not enough spit and polish from Ernie this morning, obviously !)

Monday, June 22, 2015

First Colour From The Dye Garden - Coreopsis Tinctoria

I haven't posted for ages, very remiss of me I know ! 
I was so excited to get these great colours today I just had to tell you about it.
Here's a little montage to show how cute the coreopsis flowers are in the garden and what beautiful hues they gave me in my small scale experiment. 

Looking forward to MORE colour on a bigger scale soon.