Sunday, April 19, 2009

Rainbow Bunny

I have been remiss in blogging lately. My excuse is that I've been busy moving stuff around the house and setting up my studio room. (How cool is that ! I'll post some pictures when it's looking presentable).

Easter came and went but to celebrate I thought I'd try some dyeing with Easter egg dyes. As well as the angora fibre I wanted to dye, (Saffy) I rounded up a few little odd bobbins I had spun on my drop spindle.
I wound them up on my trusty skein winder.
I also found some llama and grey romney that looked like it wanted be colourful.
Here is what they all looked like after I added the dyes, wrapped them in plastic film and "nuked" them in the microwave. Not that appetizing ! As well as the easter egg dyes, (which were a bit disappointing really, big on packaging, small on actual colour sachets), I used food colouring.

But here is what it looked like when I unwrapped those plastic parcels and rinsed it all.

And the angora.And the skeins. At least they are all one colour now !

1 comment:

ArtfeltDesigns said...

Oh Fran...love, love the dying you did with food color. I have some in my studio waiting for me to try it on some alpaca & romney.
I've only used Kool-Aid before:D
I get sooo excited when I see colors like that; gorgeous.
Found you on Ravelry.
Linda
ArtfeltDesigns
http://www.artfeltdesigns.com/thestudio