That's how it's been around here lately.
This was the last couple of days results !
At the top is the beautiful apple sauce I made using our amazing Kitchenaid attachment. These apples came from our friends, Chuck and Valerie's orchard. In the middle on the right, it's in the jars. With the leftover skins, cores etc I made a big jar of pectin to use in jam making. That's the bottom right picture. I had to try the pectin out so I made a couple of jars of blackberry jelly with left over blackberries from the Christmas Blackberry Brandy we made this week.
(A Periwinkle tradition !) and the jelly set up great so I'd definitely be calling that a success. Also in that pic is some yummy fruit leather with MORE of the berry juice and the awesome apple sauce.
Lastly are the hop yeast cakes. These still need a bit of work I must admit ! I first found some recipes for hop yeasts in an old book at the museum. I think it must have been this one https://archive.org/details/younghousekeeper00corn
It's still in the experimental stage. These cakes are made with the hop yeast and cornmeal. They are dried, ( I dried them in my dehydrator, which is not really how it happened in 1859, but still), and then can be stored in an airtight jar.I
also watched a youtube vid from a prepper lady,
She also makes the cakes to keep in the larder.
Feeling very productive !