Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Week That Was

It was a fairly usual week,
with work, bread baking, , shepherding featuring in it.
This weekend we went to help with the clean up for the Open Air Market which opens April 26th. It was nice to be outside on a fairly warm day, (for a change).
Just to illustrate that it has warmed up we had quite a flock of hummingbirds on the feeder.
This cute little red guy, (a Roufus maybe ?)
Here are two sharing !
And this little green one. I just love watching them.

Anyway I thought I'd share some pictures of some stuff being made this week.

Here are some yarns I've been working on. Some black llama/angora on the drop spindle, some beige llama/angora on the top bobbin and a mix of romney/llama and babydoll on the spinning wheel bobbin.

And here are some rovings I dyed today, just with food colouring but I wanted to experiment with dyeing the rovings I made from a drum carded batt, thanks to Rexanne's UTube vid. http://youtube.com/watch?v=LMEDB9FK2vM.

She has some fantastic videos. I learned all kinds of things.

And here are the rovings, which stayed remarkably intact, drying in the sun. I will be able to spin them as soon as they are dry.For the OLP's today we have black sheep. Here are Pompom and Smartie.

And here is Rolo. He is a little lighter colour than Smartie but still a black sheep.
And in case you were wondering where I got this post title from, you can read about it here.

No comments: