Monday, July 21, 2008

The Other Flock

I just thought I'd show you this picture of our smaller, quieter flock of sheep. As you can see it's a fair sized flock. Truth be known there are actually a few more larger sheep around the house in many guises, ............plates, cups, teapot, mugs, stuffed ones and several pairs of pyjamas, to name a few. Next thing we'll be overflowing with rabbits too, I just know it's only a matter of time.
I took this picture of our cute bobbing bird the first day we got the camera. Isn't he sweet ? He sits on his perch and the breeze moves the sail at the back which in turn makes his head bob ! I bought him from my friend Jackie in Coombs, who sells other birds like him on behalf of the Stephen Lewis Foundation. You can read about what they do here, http://www.stephenlewisfoundation.org/
So, from bobbing to bobbins,
I've been doing a bit of spinning. Thought I'd just show you these two.

We had a Periwinkle jaunt out to Saltery Bay this afternoon, so here are a couple of shots.
We found this smaller, secluded beach and spent a pleasant time down here.
That's it for today, I'm off to wash MORE fleece !

No comments: