Monday, March 21, 2011

Nuno Felt !

Today I experimented making nuno felt. It was a lot of fun.
(Click here if you want to find out what nuno felt is.)
I made these 2 pieces with a chiffon scarf from the thrift store that I cut in half.

The one on the right was an experiment to see how different wool and fibres would work.

This piece I made to be a like a kerchief. You can wear it on your head or around your neck. 


Here is a close up.

I followed fantastic instructions from Terri at http://www.feltinglessons.com/
so "Thank you" Terri.
She also has instructions for felt rocks, so I made some of those too.


Funnily enough I keep a rock on my bedside table to hold down the pages of whatever book I am reading. Now I'll have a lovely felt rock to use !

Now there's just this to deal with, (sigh, I hate the clean up)


1 comment:

Summerset said...

Wow! A beautiful job! Your work is so excellent for a first timer! I am so glad the site helped you out and that you are having fun felting!
Terri