Tuesday, July 30, 2013

New Clothes From Old


My latest obsession... errrr, I mean pastime, has been upcycling clothing. 
When I go to thrift stores these days I look for clothing made of nice fabrics, specially linen. I don't care if they fit cos I'll transform into something that does. 

Here are the latest creations !



The two on the left are linen. They were both long shift type dresses in their former life. I was able to cut off the bottom and add panels in the sides. The cotton top on the right was cute, but too short. I added some extra layers to make it a length I like.


I also look for skirts that could become tops. Three of these were skirts that I sewed onto the top part of tee shirts I had lying around. The red one had part of a tee shirt added to the bottom.


This was really fun and I would like to think I've saved a few pieces of clothing from the landfill.
YAY !

3 comments:

Marlaine said...

Lovely Fran!

April Obersteiner said...

I wish I were as creative & talented as you ! Love the weaving and the clothing ( and the cabin ! )

April Obersteiner said...

I wish that I were as creative & talented as you. Love all the weaving & clothing ( and the cabin ! )