Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Some Weaving Has Occurred !!


I thought I'd post a few finished woven objects, just so you know I'm not a total slacker.
First one is a woven scarf. 
I was experimenting with using a very stretchy cotton in some of the warp threads which would ruffle when I took it off the loom and ruffle it did !


I was pleased with how the experiment turned out and will definitely try this again. I love it when I have an idea that actually turns out the way I wanted it to. (Not always the case if you take a look at the drawer of failed experiments, haha !!)

Continuing my obsession with finding new life for used coffee cans I found this idea of weaving around objects. Very simple, you make holes, top and bottom, thread the warp through the holes and using thread scraps, weave under and over the warp threads. Will definitely try this again on some other recycled containers.


Last item, also woven off loom, as it were, is a screen I made out at the cabin. I used maple sticks which I wove into the nylon thread warp. It was fun to work outside with the the trees and a couple of sticks as my loom.


Now I just have to finish the two items languishing on my looms at home !
That's it for now.

No comments: