Monday, February 11, 2008

Saltery Bay Sunday

Today we decided to head out to Saltery Bay in the motorhome to cook our breakfast and just hang out. When we left the sun was shining but it did not stay like that. Never mind, we had fun anyway !

Here is Tika having a bit of a wander around the park.

This was what I took for entertainment, some of the dark Wensleydale fleece Simon brought back from the UK, some romney fleece and some grey angora. I plan to blend them together on the hand cards, just to see how that would work. Also you can just see a couple of drop spindles poking out of the basket. I will spin up the blend on a drop spindle.

Here's a picture of the blend on the card. Aren't the colours lovely together.

While I was carding and spinning, Simon read his motorcyle magazine. All in all we had a very nice day.
There are a couple more pics I put on flickr, if you care to take a look.

No comments: