Saturday, February 16, 2008

Spinning into Spring

Yesterday was quite a busy day.

Here's what I did in the morning.

The Powell River Library hosted this session. The idea was to show people how to make a drop spindle out of "what you have". People brought a variety of fruit, oranges, apples and potatoes, (yes, I know a potato is not really a fruit !) and volunteers from the Fine Arts group showed them how to spin. It was very successful, and as you can see everyone seems to be enjoying themselves.

In the evening I attended the Rod LeMay photo exhibit, put on by the Powell River Historical Museum. It was a wine and cheese opening party for the exhibition which is open for the next week or so. It was very well attended and the photos are absoloutely amazing. I would thoroughly recommend going to see them. - I didn't take any pictures of the pictures !

I just had to include these shots of some first signs that Spring is on the way.

The first Periwinkles at Periwinkle.

These dear little snowdrops.

And these little purple primulas that flower year after year

They all make me happy to see them returning at last.

No comments: