Sunday, January 18, 2009

All that white wool.......

... from my last post, turned into this on Wednesday.

My friend Amber came over and we had a little dyeing session.

This is a close up of the bright pink/orange unspun wool, (A.K.A. buffalo yarn), that I wanted to try. I was pleased with how it turned out.


The week before, Amber and I got together to spin and we spun up some white Corriedale. We both dyed our skeins and this is how mine looked.
These are the two little Wensleydale skeins. I will ply them together.

We still hadn't had quite enough so threw these locks into the electric frypan, (one of my favourite kitchen appliances to dye with !). We are going to spin these up one of these days.and that was all we had time for...

but stay tuned, on the hoof woolly stuff coming up !

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Hello,

I to live in Powell River and wondering if you sell your yarn.

Margaret

Fran said...

Hi Margaret, I'm at the Open Air Market on Sundays with yarn and spinning supplies during the summer but do contact me if I can help before then.
Fran