Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Signs Of Spring ?


Simon always calls me the weather optimist because I'm always the first to say, "it's going to cheer up". I think I must be a season optimist too as I got quite excited to see the honeysuckle with new growth the other day.
The same day I spotted a little flock of robins in the meadow.......
...... a sure sign of Spring !
We just got back yesterday from a trip to Vancouver Island. We did the rounds of the thrift stores and found this little desk. It needs some handles and a bit of repair but it's definitely worth rejuvinating. What a great find.

And here is a picture of some white wool which will be dyed this afternoon. I spun up some Wensleydale into the two small skeins. It has a beautiful lustre to it and a really long staple.

No comments: